The privacy and confidentiality of user information is important to us. We are committed to maintaining the privacy and security of your user information. Please read the following carefully to understand our use of personal data. Please note that the policy relates only to living individuals in relation to personal data relating directly to themselves & not to persons in any other capacity.
What information is collected about you? How do we use it?
We take the utmost care to ensure that the personal information we obtain from you is not used in a way that you may be unaware of or not agreeable to. We collect personal data from you which you volunteer when you provide such personal data to us or via our services with which you interact. We may also be given personal data relating to you by other persons or we may obtain such data about you as may be provided to us in the course of our legitimate business activities. We may collect and process data. Including the following in the course of providing services to you, which could contain your personal data:
Your full name, your postal address, your various email addresses, your various telephone numbers including mobile phone numbers, your nationalitiy, financial information including bank account details, credit or debit card details, other payment details, details of contracts you have entered into with third parties for us to provide services to you, details of your relationship to other parties, details of your membership of professional or other organisations, your date of birth, details of your relations, medical details including details of allergies, details of your car registration number, all other data which you ask us to process on your behalf, or which is necessary for us to process in order to fulfill our role as providing services to you.
We may also process other data which is not personal data.
When you access our website or wifi facilities your device's browser provides us with information such as ip address, browser type, access time and referring url which is collected and used to compile statistical data. This information may be used to help us to improve our website and the services we offer, and to offer services to you.
We do not sell, rent or share any of your personal information with any other party including any third-party joint promoters, nor use it for unapproved commercial purposes.
If you decide to make an online reservation at the Site, you will be linked to a reservation interface and a third party booking engine (Booking Engine) provided by our booking management system vendor Net Affinity.
All information sent to this site, if in an SSL session, is encrypted, protecting against disclosure to third parties.
Security & storage of personal data.
We would like our Site visitors to feel confident about using the Site to plan and purchase their accommodations, so The Silver Tassie Hotel is committed to protecting the information we collect. The Hotel has implemented a security program to keep information that is stored in our systems protected from unauthorized access. Our Site is hosted in a secure environment. The Site servers/systems are configured with data encryption, or scrambling, technologies, and industry-standard firewalls. When you enter personal information during the reservation process, or during a customer email sign-up, your data is protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to ensure safe transmission.
As effective as modern security practices are no physical or electronic security system is entirely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal data we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to us. Any transmission of personal data is at your own risk. Once we receive your personal data we use the appropriate security measures to seek to prevent unauthorised access.
Children's Privacy & Parental Consent
Uses made of your data.
We use your personal data that we hold to:
- In our legitimate interest of advertising our services, provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes (our services are listed below)
-Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- In our legitimate interest of advertising our services provide details of any loyalty scheme or promotion.
- Notify you about changes to our services.
List of services
Accommodation, Gym, Spa, Leisure, Hair Salon, Retail, Weddings, Conferences, Restaurant, Bar and other Food related services.
We may use your data to send you information relating to services, events and products which may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way please notify us to that effect.
You can unsubscribe from any list by contacting the hotel directly.
We keep your data for varying periods according to our retention schedule.
Links Provided To Other Sites
The Silver Tassie Hotel may provide links to a number of other web sites that we believe might offer you useful information and services. However, those sites may not follow the same privacy policies as the Hotel. Therefore, we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the actions of any third parties, including without limitation, any web site owners whose sites may be reached through this Site, nor can we control the activities of those web sites. We urge you to contact the relevant parties controlling these sites or accessing their on-line policies for the relevant information about their data collection practices before submitting any personal information or other sensitive data.
When you visit the Hotel’s website, some browsing-related information on your device (computer, Smartphone, tablet etc.) is likely to be recorded in files called "cookies" and stored on your device.
- What are the different types of cookies?
There are several categories of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies: these cookies are essential in order to browse some websites and use all of their features (the user's operating system support, display etc.). Without these cookies, features such as the display will not have optimum functionality. Note: these cookies collect purely technical data and do not identify you personally.
- Performance cookies: these cookies help us improve a user's experience by helping us understand how they use our websites (most frequently visited pages, applications used etc.). These cookies do not identify you individually.
- Functionality cookies: in order to make browsing easier, these cookies store certain user preferences (language, username, country etc.).
- Targeting/advertising cookies: these cookies enable a user to receive targeted advertisements based on their interests, but they also limit the number of times that the advertisements appear.
- Affiliate cookies: these cookies enable third parties ("affiliates") that publish marketing campaigns on their websites to be paid on behalf of the "web merchant".
- Cookies from social networks: these third-party Cookies let you communicate the content of our site to others, as well as your opinion in relation to our site. This is the case with the "Share" and "Like" buttons on "Facebook," "Twitter," "LinkedIn," "Viadeo," etc.
Social networks which offer these application buttons can identify you by these buttons, even if you did not click on one of them when you visited our site. Indeed, some Cookies allow the social network concerned to follow your navigation on our site whenever your social network account is activated on your device when at the same time, you are on our site.
We have no control over the procedures social networks use to collect information about your navigation on our site. Please read these social networks privacy policies regarding personal data. These should allow you to exercise certain privacy options with these social networks, in particular by adjusting your user accounts for each of these networks.
Cookies help us to improve the quality of your browsing experience when visiting the our website. This technical process primarily allows us to:
- adapt the layout of our websites to suit your device's display preferences (language, display resolution, operating system used etc.)
- store some of the information that you fill in on our online forms to help us personalize your subsequent visits to our websites
- collect statistics. These relate mainly to the number of times you visit our websites and your use of the different services that we provide (sections and content viewed, links), with the aim of improving their relevance and usability
- put security measures in place (for example asking you to reconnect to a page or service after a certain amount of time has elapsed)
- offer you, through advertisements, personalized content that is likely to be of interest to you.
Important: Advertisements or links to third-party websites may be included on our websites. Your personal details may be collected by third parties when you click on these links. This Charter does not cover visits to third-party websites. Th eSilver Tassie Hotel cannot be held responsible for the policy of third-parties regarding personal details and the use thereof.
Policy Modifications & Contacting Hotel